We do not sell or share information about our customers with anyone except as required for the steps required to place your policy with the carrier you have requested coverage with. These steps involve the professionals who will call you to take your application, the team who processes your application and deals with underwriting, and the carrier to whom the application is sent. Our employee access to information about our customers is limited to people who need such access to fulfill their duties in helping you obtain your life insurance coverage.
We get the information we need from customer applications and the forms we use to get your application process started – the first of which you send through a secure server from the quote engine and the second of which is obtained during your initial phone call with an agent. If a customer authorizes it, we may get information from other sources if necessary.
For example, when a person applies for life insurance we may ask for permission to get information from insurance support organizations such as the Medical Information Bureau and consumer reporting agencies. We may also obtain information as we process customer transactions. All exclusively for purposes of processing your life insurance application, and never used for any other reason, the confidential information we collect through our web site and offline via phone conversation and sometimes email includes:
- Customer Information such as name, date of birth, telephone number, email address, social security number and demographic data.
- Financial Information such as credit history, income, assets, and other insurance products.
- Health Information such as medical history and other factors affecting insurability.
We use the information for business purposes, such as
- contacting you regarding the products or services in which you have expressed an interest,
- processing applications and claims, and
- servicing your business.
We share the information only with others who provide services required to help us process or administer our business. We may share information under the following circumstances:
- With medical examiners who help us underwrite life insurance applications
- With service providers such as third parties who help us process claims or print our customer statements, an email service provider to send out emails on our behalf, and an employment company to assist us with our hiring. We require that our service providers limit their use of the information and keep it confidential, and will share the personal information you provide only as necessary for the third party to provide that service
- When we have the customer’s prior permission
- When we are allowed or required by law to disclose it, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
How does Synthesis keep my social security number safe?
It is the policy of Synthesis to protect customer and employee Social Security Numbers that we collect in the course of our business as confidential. This includes maintaining physical and electronic security procedures to guard against unauthorized access to Social Security Numbers. For example, at enormous cost to us, we send you your application via overnight or two day mail in lieu of emailing in an encrypted file because of the sensitive nature of the information on the document. We also limit access to Social Security Numbers, by among other means, only granting access to Social Security Numbers to our employees who use that information to perform their job-related duties. In addition, we do not disclose Social Security Numbers to third parties, except where required by law.
Do we collect information about children?
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from our site about children. We request that persons under the age of 18 not use our site without supervision from a responsible adult. If a child whom we know to be under the age of 18 sends personal information to us online, we will delete their personal information immediately.
How can I contact you for information?
Are cookies used on this site?
Is this Web site secure?
This Web site takes precaution to protect our users’ information. Access to users’ information is restricted in our offices, and we follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, an agent or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every year, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users’ information is protected. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security at our Web site, send an email to email@example.com.
Am I protected when linking to other sites?
This Web site may from time to time contain links to other Web sites for the convenience of users in locating information and services that may be of interest. If you use these linked Web sites you may leave this site and go to Web sites that we do not control. If you decide to visit these Web sites or advertisers, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to read and comply with the privacy policies on those Web sites. Your right to privacy on a linked site is limited to whatever rights are provided to you by the owner of the linked site.